Michael Anderson talks with Kevin Costner about growing up in Ventura, his work ethic, following his dreams and the music festival thomasfirebenefit.com
Kevin Costner, Ventura
Kevin Costner talks about moving to Ojai as a child, playing baseball, coming of age in Ventura and the memories of his childhood. We talk about his work ethic, following his dreams and how his Mom & Dad taught love & discipline.
5 Classic Kevin Costner Quotes in this Interview.
- “I’ve lived many places, but Ventura is where I’m from”
- “Dreams are really important and how you follow your dreams is important too, good ideas don’t come to you sitting still.”
- As a child moving to Ojai, Kevin says to his Dad “Is this hevan?” His Dad responds, “No, it’s Topa Lane.” Ojai, CA.
- “The idea that you’re going to worry about people think as you’re trying to make your way is something you’ve got to shake off.”
- “When I drive through Ventura (on the 101, as I’m) passing the Pierpont Inn, I have to wipe away the memories.”
Pick up your tickets to the February 3rd, music festival online at thomasfirebenefit.com
Today’s spotlight is brought to you by: Aera Energy: Powered by safety, innovation and community. We help keep California moving forward!
Our guest today is Anne King, the executive director of the Ventura College Foundation. She talks about the VC Promise, the text book lending program and more. Learn more online at vcgiving.org
Michael gives you three websites to check out.
- Allocationlink.com – A partnership with Betterment, this website allows you to work with a financial advisor and uses Betterment’s investmetn tools. It is very smart, low cost and easy to sign up.
- Beterment.com – A leader in do it yourself investment management. The sign up process is easy and smooth.
- Familymoneyclass.com – A great way to learn about good money habits. This is my website, it’s only $97 as a promotional price, but financial assistance is available if you can’t afford it.
You can connect with Michael or get financial planning help at Maranantha.com
Our guest Greg Abrams is the Branch Manager for American Pacific Mortgage. He answers 3 questions about home loans.
- What is the best way to find a loan officer when buying a home?
- What is the difference between banker, broker and mortgage banker?
- What do I need to know about getting a reverse mortgage?
You can contact Greg at apmloan.com/ (805) 667-8465
Thank you to our sponsors:
Geico Local Office – Greg Mauk Serving the 805
American Pacific Mortgage, — Greg Abrams. Serving the 805.
Spanish Hills Country Club Previews Memberships available.
Matt’s All Haul — For all of your junk removal and hauling needs.
Allocationlink.com – Investment Management that is smart, low cost & automatic.
Maranantha.com – The way financial planning should be.